Sunday, November 11, 2007

Reading Comprehension for Beginners - My Office

Reading Comprehension for Beginners - My Office

Like most offices, my office is a place where I can concentrate on my work and feel comfortable at the same time. Of course, I have all the necessary equipment on my desk. I have the telephone next to the fax machine on the right side of my desk. My computer is in the center of my desk with the monitor directly in front of me. I have a comfortable office chair to sit on and some pictures of my family between the computer and the telephone. In order to help me read, I also have a lamp near my computer which I use in the evening if I work late. There is plenty of paper in one of the cabinet drawers. There are also staples and a stapler, paper clips, highlighters, pens and erasers in the other drawer. In the room, there is a comfortable armchair and a sofa to sit on. I also have a low table in front of the sofa on which there are some industry magazines.

Multiple-Choice Comprehension Check Questions

Choose the correct answer based on the reading. Click on the arrow to check your answer.
What do I need to do in my office? ANSWER: -- B
A) relax B) concentrate C) study D) read magazines

2. Which piece of equipment do I NOT have on my desk? ANSWER: -- D
A) fax B) computer C) lamp D) photocopier

3. Where are the pictures of my family located? ANSWER: -- C
A) on the wall B) next to the lamp C) between the computer and the telephone D) near the fax

4. I use the lamp to read: ANSWER: D
A) all day B) never C) in the morning D) in the evening

5. Where do I keep the paperclips? ANSWER: -- C
A) on the desk B) next to the lamp C) in a cabinet drawer D) next to the telephone

6. What do I keep on the table in front of the sofa? ANSWER: -- D
A) company reports B) fashion magazines C) books D) industry magazines

True Or False

Decide if the statements are 'true' or 'false' based on the reading. Click on the arrow to check your answer.
I work late every night. ANSWER: -- F

I use highlighters to help me remember important information. ANSWER: -- T

I keep reading materials that are not related to my job in the office. ANSWER: -- F

It is important to me to feel comfortable at work. ANSWER: -- T

Useful Vocabulary Visit this page to help you learn these words from the text:

armchair
cabinet
desk
drawer
equipment
furniture
highlighter
laptop
paperclip
stapler

No comments: